Who we are:
Voluntarily supplied information
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- You have purchased a ticket or product from the website
- You have sent us a message via the contact form
thecreativesociety.ie currently collects and processes the following voluntarily supplied information:
- When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, and optional account information like username and password.
- We collect your email address when subscribing to our mailing list.
- Name and email address when commenting or reviewing products on the website.
- If you create an account, we will store your name, address, and email, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
Automatically tracked information
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed.
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like tracking analytics.
What we do with the information we have
We only collect and use the personal data for the sole purpose it was intended for.
- When purchasing a product, we collected personal data such as name, email address and billing address. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to: Send you information about your account and order, Respond to your requests, process payments and prevent fraud.
- When subscribing to our site, we collect your email address and use this to send you post updates and subscriber emails from the The Creative Society domain only.
- When commenting and reviewing products we use your name to display with your comment, and your email address to notify you that your comment or review is live. If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
- For users that register on The Creative Society, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username).
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
We do not share any information received from our users with any other organisations or individuals except for secure third parties who help us provide our orders and store services to you. These providers are listed below
We accept payments through Stripe. Information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and your billing information will be sent securely to Stripe.
We use Mailchimp to power our Newsletters and Email Marketing. They will receive your name and email in order to securely add you to our mailing list.
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org